Only one week into September, I have already pulled out the gloves, scarves, and hats. There was frost on the ground as I walked to the bus this morning, and the flashing light above the old Molson Brewery across the street showed the temperature "1" degree. I still haven't gotten the hang of the the Celsius-Fahrenheit conversion, but I know what's freezing and I know what is hovering just above that freezing point.
Today is my first official day as a Pastoral Care Fellow at one of the Edmonton hospitals. Now that my work permit has come through (and been picked up at the border, which entailed a sudden 14-hour round trip drive to Montana), I can begin visiting patients and getting paid to provide spiritual care.
It's been a long journey to this point. The road trip to Edmonton was only a step along the way. And the adventure continues. And we are settling in and making friends, bracing ourselves for the cold and looking forward to the warm snuggles.
9.08.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment