3.28.2008
Where Have All the Doubters Gone?
Just when I am thinking about chucking this whole churchy deal for good, you know, finally calling off my on-again-off-again love affair with the institutional religion, it seems as if all the cool agnostics are finding god or at least finding their way into the pews of some worshipping community. What's up with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have asked the very same question just on the flip side~ where have all the faithful gone...not the dogmatic "christian" faithful but where is the passion for a belief of anything~ None of my friends who call on mother earth in Goddess or Submitters to God's will have shown up and given voice to anything lately~ I am tired of this war...and the system of politics that is ruining a perfectly flawed country is wearing on me too~ I love watching "John Adam" on HBO all the fictionalization of how we got started...anywho sorry for the tangent...I love that you are a resident Heretic and Chaplin~ you rock!!
Hiya,
I think that all faith structures need their "resident Heretics"; to ask the awkward questions and to occasionally overturn the tables in the Temple, but I know that it is hard place to be. I'm an increasingly Liberal Minister from England, and only last year I came close to leaving the Church; I just get so depressed by the bigotry and the closed mindedness which seems to dominate much of contemporary religion. A wise man once said that "doubt is not the enemy of faith"- rather it is our certainty which becomes the enemy of faith. We need people like you to challenge us, and to open our minds and our hearts. Dean.
Post a Comment